QR Code Link to This Post
The Diner Manager is responsible for leading the diner team to be the first choice for cooked-to-order, 24-hour dining in our town, by exceeding guest expectations for food quality, friendliness, cleanliness and service in a fun atmosphere. The Diner Manager should empower each Supporter to provide excellent quality guest service and to solve guest problems with teamwork, training, coaching, fairness and respect for each other. In addition, profit expectations should be met by taking action to build sales and control costs without sacrificing quality.
- Lead the service effort during busy meal periods by working at the cash register, greeting incoming guests, identifying service or production bottlenecks and taking action to alleviate them. Check on guests at their tables, thank guests for coming. Train and empower employees to take service- recovery actions.
- Identify and train designated individuals as qualified trainers. Organize training for new hires so that all complete certification within 30 days. Show safety training videos to all new hires before they start work. Develop and implement a monthly training plan to address current operational needs. Set goals for individuals to complete 2nd
- Effectively delegate cleaning and side work responsibilities using designated shift supervisors. Maintain accountability by personally inspecting and by use of logbook to record incoming shift supervisor inspection. Maintain a clean/sanitary/safe environment at all times, including safe food handling procedures.
- Call shifts you don't work. Check if side work, cleaning and service are in order.
- Form a Diner Sales Committee including management, shift leaders, at least one cook, and at least one server. Meet weekly to evaluate impact of current specials and promotions and to plan future specials and promotions. Support these with local advertising, targeted suggestive selling and unit level contests or games.
- Motivate team members to achieve monthly bonus goals by posting Sales vs. Budget daily, posting food cost bi-monthly and encouraging them to take actions to build sales and control costs.
- Actively participate in community and civic affairs in local area.
- Control food cost by maintaining inventory level at or below 14 days on hand and verbally instructing team members not to steal money or food. Require all team members to pay 50% for all their meals, accounting for all guest checks each shift, training and reinforcing portion control procedures and taking other appropriate actions.
- Utilize TR Lodging Enterprises' staffing guide procedures to properly forecast, schedule, and staff each shift.
- Use checkbook system to achieve budgeted cost goals in cleaning supplies, disposables, and other costs.
- Ensure that all reports of revenue, expenses, business volume, personnel, payroll, and assets are maintained to company specifications.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local laws, and health department regulations are adhered to by all employees in regard to personnel, security, guest relations, safety, sanitation, food handling, etc.
- Recruit candidates for open positions by informing team members of the needs, networking, posting "Now Hiring" signs, posting "Help-Wanted" flyers on bulletin boards, contacting former employees, contacting existing applicants and by running Help-Wanted ads. Designate one or more team member in each department to participate in the interview process and give input on hiring decision.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior experience required.
- Must have knowledge of preventative maintenance, cost control procedures, and purchasing.
- Must be aware of laws, personnel procedures, and motivational programs to assure a staff of committed, well-trained employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs and walking distances throughout the property.
- Must be able to lift, push or otherwise move articles weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stretch, bend, reach, kneel, pull, push, and lift to accomplish the duties and training of all hourly personnel.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Must have adequate hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below